Now that the temperatures are aiming higher everyday my fingers are feeling slightly more limber. What this means is that I reach for my camera more often and will attempt to record this phenomena here. Be assured that the recent lack of posts is not due to the fact that Alaskans go into hibernation when the snow reaches record breaking heights. While this may be true it is more likely due to the fact that our priority becomes much more about survival and less about picturesque drives into the mountains. For example, instead of grabbing mud boots and a fishing rod when we leave our snug apartment, we spend 1/2 an hour suiting as if we're leaving the atmosphere. Layers are very important. Base layer, fleece layer, soft shell layer, hard shell layer. And then we have to decide which footwear to don. For me it's Columbia Women's Bugaboot Plus with Omni Heat reflective technology, full length Techlite shell and Omni-Grip outsole or.........Columbia Women's Bugaboot Plus with Omni Heat reflective technology, full length Techlite shell and Omni-Grip outsole. Yeah, I'll go with the Columbia Women's Bugabooooo...........ok, you get the point. So my winter footwear isn't very exciting but I still have all my toes.
I think.
Wait....................yep. Dang, I might want to think about some nail polish or something.
Ok, so it's been a long winter, what can I say?
p.s. The pics above are from our trip to a lodge in Mendeltna, AK with our good friends. Awesome weekend getaway that I hope we can redo sometime in the future!
Next up.......Iditarod 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment