One of my dearest friends came up for a visit. I have to give major credit to her absolutely amazing husband for giving her up for 5 days. And not only that, but also taking care of their three adorable, and very busy, babies! Also to those babies for sharing their mommy. I am hugely grateful and completely worthy of the title that Ellie bestowed on me. "Auntie Monika is a hog, cause she gets to be with mama!" Yes, she is a hog. It's true. But I did send her back like I promised!
We packed as much girl time and sightseeing into those short 3 days that we had together. We drove down to Portage to see the sea ice and pristine, snow covered mountains. And up to Thunderbird Falls and Eklutna Lake. We walked the Coastal Trail, viewed Sleep Lady at sunset. Searched for the local and oddly elusive moose without success. We also drove up to Flat top to view the city and inlet as the sun slipped behind the mountains and we were nearly blown away. We went in search of good food. From the Silvertip Grill in Girdwood to The Mooses Tooth in Anchorage to....yes, roasting marshmallows in my living room!
It was a lovely, refreshing visit. One that ended much to soon. We are so blessed with our friendships that span the physical distance between us. Thank you to John and Emily and their little family for making that distance feel less, well, distant!
*Photos gleaned from both Emily and Monika's cameras. I have forgotten who took which!
No comments:
Post a Comment