After work on a Friday evening we headed down to the Fuller Lakes Trail Head with Asa and Julia.
Ready to hike in at 9 p.m!
Me, looking quite fashionable in my mosquito netting.
Pete's casting skills.
Julia's breakfast bar which, while convenient was not created by us. Have to say, not impressed with the previous camper's back woods etiquette.
Pete and I, super excited about exploring the 2nd lake.
4 a.m. view. Totally worth accidentally being awake for this!
Oh, and the photo credit goes to Peter for the above 2 pictures. I was snuggly in my sleeping bag, barely peeking out.
Asa and Julia's campsite.
15 minutes after enjoying this view it started raining and the wind picked up. We hunkered down for about an hour and then decided that it was time to get out of there. Hit the trail and hiked back through rain and mosquitoes. Made it back to Cooper Landing in time for breakfast!
So beautiful. I had a friend who recently went up to Alaska for a church thing. I was so jealous.
ReplyDelete