Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mountain Sunset

We loaded up last Saturday for a drive up north.  Not knowing how much snow we would have we prepared for many possibilities by having ski's, hiking boots and ice skates all in readiness in the back of the Mazda.  Our goal was Hatcher Pass.




Peter, patiently letting me do my photo thing!  




We got to the ski trail and were able to ski up it and then down.  The amount of snow accumulated was not impressive but was enough protect the bottoms of the skis.




I skied up the trail with, I'm afraid, much grumbling and eye-rolling, not because going up is hard, which it is, but because coming down is scary on cross country skis.  

I'm happy to say though, that I "glided" down gracefully and elegantly.

Yeah, ok, not so much.

To be more accurate, I aimed down the hill, squatted and placed my feet in a awkward, backward duck position and squeaked down the hill a few feet at a time.

(Squeaking = the noise the snow makes when you are moving slower than molasses running uphill in January)

But I feel eons more confident now and am ready for more snow to squeak on.

:-)

     





No comments:

Post a Comment