With the arrival of our daughter late last year, life has moved a little slower than in seasons past. Sometimes it seems a simple trip to the grocery store or a walk down the Coastal Trail requires a planetary alignment. Though sometimes frustrating for me, the benefits far outweigh the cost, and we've still managed to have some great adventures.
We started by optimizing our yard space...
I re-purposed lumber from a side deck on our house I removed to build these planter boxes.
Enjoying our big porch and yard!
I managed to sneak away for three day long fishing trips with my good friend Jarred. Monika made this wonderful meal for me with a rainbow I kept.
We've made sure to go on lots of fun walks. Anchorage is fraught with multi-use trail systems.
Evie loves her warm snuggy-bear jacket!
I found a canoe on Craigslist!
Last but not least, meet the newest member of our family- Sequoia! He's a 9.5 week old English Shepard puppy. His parents were used to herd mules and chase off bears so he comes from stout stock!
Monika and I are astounded every day by the abundant blessings our Father has lavished upon us. Though we may be moving a little slower, the distances we cover may be a little shorter we are profoundly blessed. We live each day a life flowing with milk and honey, in a land of mountains, glaciers, colossal rivers and abundant wild life. We share our adventures with our beautiful baby, and a funny little puppy. Life's finest adventures are not always the grand expeditions; sometimes a walk down the Coastal Trail or a day fishing with a good friend, or a 1/2 hour canoe around a lake with your wife, baby and puppy is ample, and all you can handle!
P.S. This post is number 200 since Monika and I launched the blog in March 2010! Thank you for your continued patronage of our page and for your interest in our lives. We are deeply thankful for so many wonderful friends and family who support us through thick and thin.













No comments:
Post a Comment