Sunday was our first time visit to the Alaska State Fair held in Palmer, Alaska. We weren't sure what to expect and found ourselves pleasantly surprised.
First thing we experienced was some colorful Native dance.
Then a little sing-along banjo concert.
We visited the Honey Tent. Yum!
One of the exhibits was for sewing and needlework where we watched in awe as this talented lady wove an intricate pattern with yarn.
And there was a 4-H exhibit where we admired a huge paper mache moose.
The perennial garden was in the last stages of bloom.
I definitely need a purple wooden bench covered in succulents now.
Pete commandeered the camera at this point.
Dahlias.
Giant Pumpkin and Cabbages!
Livestock.
SO CUTE! I want one!
Mr. Yak
Pretty eggs.
I was quite amused by the hay monster.
Pete with a mouthful of yummy gyro.
And a little bit of pretty fluff on the way out.
I would really like to take that Golden Pheasant, he would make some pretty flies!
ReplyDelete