Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ice and Fireworks

On New Years eve Peter and I joined some friends in downtown Anchorage. The attractions included Ice Sculptures, Fire Eaters, and Fireworks along with the novelty of standing shoulder to shoulder with our fellow Anchorites and listening to a very bad musical 'artist', who shall remain nameless. This 'artist' declined to vacate the stage and so caused the fireworks to be quite late, which may have more to do with my dislike of her than her apparent lack of talent!





After milling our way through the crowd, trying not to loose one another, our small group of eight managed to get into a good position for observation and picture taking.




I wonder if this is a little like what the galaxies looked like when God called them into being?




You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
Nehemiah 9:6








Alaskan Ice Puffin

I am proud to be the first to identify this species, as Peter is usually the Ornithologist in our home!
("Sweety, why are you rolling your eyes?!")








An experiment on taking Firework pictures out of focus. Kind of an interesting effect, I think.




Albeit a late gesture,

! ! ! Happy 2011 ! ! !


No comments:

Post a Comment