Thursday, August 11, 2011

Under a Cloudy Sky



Pete and I visited Exit Glacier near Seward Alaska this last weekend.




Markers placed along the highway indicated where the glacier has extended to in the last hundred years.  It was really amazing to see how much it has receded over the years.



  





A tightly knit bunch of Alaskan Cotton.




Pete, me and good old Exit.




In order to get to the foot of the Glacier we had to cross a rocky, watery field.










Notice the tiny little people at the bottom!




Pete, adjusting his boot laces after crossing a little waterway.




Excuse my tongue.  I don't remember what was going on here.










Yes, I had to touch the pretty grey mud.







This is one of my favorite pictures of the Glacier.  And the credit goes to Peter.  Good eye, babe!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I will be following your posts like a super creepy stalker! sigh...it is so super awesome...
    love,
    kristy

    ReplyDelete