Saturday, August 13, 2011

Under a Rainy Sky



After viewing Exit Glacier from the bottom we wanted to try a parallel trail that would take us to a higher vantage point.




We took a trail called Harding Ice Field Trail.  It was a steep but beautiful climb.




No geometry skills needed for bridge building applicants.  Good to know!


\





This is as far up as we got, almost all the way!




It started raining so Pete shared his raincoat, which I wore over my backpack.
People kept giving me funny looks!




After our climb we got warmed up with coffee and hot cider.



 

As I'm sure you will remember, we get blessed with rain on every vacation so we ended up sleeping in our car that night.  Which is getting more comfortable each time.  I'm thinking some foam mattresses are necessary for our next vacation!




1 comment:

  1. HEEEYYYYY! You look so stinkin cute, sister mine! Look at that spiffy hair-do! I love you! You are awesome. That goes for you too, Peter-bob. You are awesome too. I enjoyed our little get-together at Eddie Bauer the other day.
    Love,
    kristy

    ReplyDelete