Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Touristing


 For the fourth of July we went up north.  We camped the first night at Troublesome Creek Campground.   Waking up to rain was not a pleasant surprise!  So we packed up as fast as possible and headed up to Denali.  Several hours and two cups of coffee later we arrived at the park.  We popped into the Visitor's center first, checked out the bookstore and then returned to our car to make some lunch.  After which we enjoyed a leisurely stroll with a Park Ranger who explained some of the parks history and the natural flora and fauna. 






I caught him mid chew.  Haha!  :-)



Our two empty coffee cups.  One was coffee flavored, the other was smoked fish flavored........seriously, but I have a feeling it was not on purpose!



 Some pretty blooms by the parking lot.  I think it's called Shrubby Cinquifoil or Tundra Rose.  According to my wildflower guide.



Us.  :-)



Elegant Paintbrush


No comments:

Post a Comment